8/4/13

Happy Friendship Day My Dear Best Friend!!!




Last night, I wrote a poem as today is friendship day. While starting the poem, my intention was to venerate friendship, but somewhere during the course I lost my goal and I flew against the current as usual. The output was not that good as I expected. But my husband was confident; he congratulated me for writing it. He told me that my skill is improving on a daily basis.  In usual conditions, I never used to return to my completed work to read it again. But, today I felt a bit strange on my own words and I returned to my blog as a very normal reader. I read the poem as if I am not the writer of this one.

While reading it, I felt pity for the poetess as she does not have a friend. The first line of the poem was, “If a friend is a person who likes my likes with smile, I am afraid I have no friend”. With the letters going through my brain, one face appeared as a background image, of the person who always wished to like my likes. I identified the same face with each and every new line of the poem, with a changed tag line. Being only a normal reader, my heart wished to make the poetess write as “I am joyful; I have you as my friend”. When I reached the last line, it read as “If a friend is a person who knows my inner soul, I am afraid I have no friend”.

Once I completed reading this work, I hated myself for writing this and for asking my own soul mate to read it for the first time. He has been everything for me since the day we met. He liked my likes, he supported me in struggles, he sympathized on my faults, he listened all my painful words, he encouraged me wherever I was about to loss, he stayed with me in tears, he walked several extra miles for me, he wished and worked for me to be a success, he loved me though I am not the best and above all he understood each and every wishes of my inner soul.

“I am not your friend?” I remembered him asking me when he saw the title, even before reading the poem.  Unintentionally, I didn't answer that question. But, he kept praising me for my writing skills. Now I realize, each and every word in the poem must have penetrated the soft heart of my soul mate. It must have been a hurt for him to the core. It must have offered him a great source of pain. Yet, he kept smiling. He was trying to hide his pain with his unexpected jokes. He suffered for me to be happy. If that is not the ultimate realm of friendship, what is it?

As I read the poem, I felt pity for 'me- the writer' who doesn't have a friend, but now I feel pity for me being ignorant like a musk-deer. A musk-deer wanders here and there in search of the smell that comes out of its own body. I wandered here and there in search of a friend without realizing my best friend who always is with me. He has become more of a habit that I can’t even think of him as a second person in my life. Yet, I couldn't count those blessings.


Dear Best friend, I know that you will never want me to be sorry as you love me so much. So, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the very best friend of my life. In fact, we don’t need a day to remember each other as we never forget each other even for a single moment. But this day, helped me to realize you as “the Bestest” of my friends. If I had this vision last night, I wouldn't have hurt you with that poem with penetrating lines.  If I could have this vision at least in this morning, I would have wished you a happy friendship day before wishing my other friends, as you are the one who deserves it the most. Better late than never, happy friendship day my dear best friend!!!



16 comments:

  1. This blog is a great source of information which is very useful for me.
    Friendship day quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you So much Mr.Smith..Your comment is a great compliment.....sorry for the delay I made to make a reply

      Delete
    2. Thank you So much Mr.Smith..Your comment is a great compliment.....sorry for the delay I made to make a reply

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for both the wish and the compliment.....Wish you the same for this year....(Apologize for the long delay to respond)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for both the wish and the compliment.....Wish you the same for this year....(Apologize for the long delay to respond)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You are welcome friend....Sorry, I took one year to respond.....Wish you the same...

      Delete
  4. Hello Frineds..!!!Happy Frinedship Day is coming on 7th August 2016,so Let Us Celebrate Happy Frinedship Day 2016 Check Frindship Day 2016 Wishes here Check Friendship Day 2016 SMS,Posters,Pictures,Poems, Wallpaper Celebrations from here given link

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Frineds..!! Let Us Celebrate Happy Friendship Day 2016 Check Friendship Day 2016 SMS,Posters,Pictures,Poems, Wallpaper for Happy Friendship Day 2016 Events here given link

    ReplyDelete

The One

The one who painted my world with beautiful colors  The one who filled my life with laughter and joy  The one who restored love ...